Dr. Frederick L. Greene to present at ACE 2023
Frederick L. Greene, MD FACS, Chief Medical Officer for ERS, is presenting a session at the upcoming Association of Cancer Executives (ACE) 2023 Annual Meeting. He will be speaking on the topic, "A Financial Toxicity Cancer Conference: Creation and Outcomes" on January 24 at the meeting being held in Rancho Mirage, CA.
2023 Call for Data Webinar
Save the date for our upcoming webinar: 2023 Call for Data scheduled for February 7, 2023 and February 9, 2023. Presented by Amy Arnold, Manager, Strategic Services for ERS, this educational webinar will familiarize the attendee with the 2023 Commission on Cancer Call for Data guidelines, best practices for preparing for the Call for Data, as well as details for exporting from CRStar and utilizing GenEdits. Attendees will walk away with more confidence in their submission for this year's Call for Data. Additional details coming soon!
Celebrate the CTR Essay Contest
Aligning with ERS’s overall mission, join us as we Celebrate the CTR and help advance cancer registry professionals through education as well as promote their professional development. With this mission in mind, ERS announces an essay contest with the theme “What Being a CTR Means to Me.” Share with us how being a CTR has enhanced you as a cancer registry professional, how the work you do as a CTR has impacted patient care or any other way you wish to share your journey as a CTR.
Designed exclusively for CRStar users who are NCRA members, the winner will receive a paid registration (value $495) for the upcoming 2023 NCRA Educational Conference - either in-person or virtual. The winner will be contacted by March 15th and the winner and winning essay will be showcased in the April edition of the ERS Newsletter as well as posted to Facebook, LinkedIn, and our other social media platforms. The top 5 essays will later be featured on our website and social media during NCRW - April 3-7.
If you have already paid for your NCRA Conference registration, you are still eligible to submit an essay. NCRA has informed us that they will reimburse the winner for their already paid for registration.
Please note: Deadline for submission is midnight, Tuesday, Feb. 28th. No submissions will be accepted after that time.
- Must be a CRStar user & a member of NCRA
- Contest open to all CTRs or cancer registry professionals pursuing the CTR credential
- Registration value of $495 will be paid for the winner to receive either an in-person or virtual registration to the 2023 NCRA Educational Conference
- Word count limit – 500 words
- ERS reserves the right to edit for grammatical content prior to publication in our newsletters, website and on social media
- Picture of author must be submitted along with essay
- Due by midnight Tuesday 2/28/2023
- If the winner has already paid for the 2023 NCRA Educational Conference registration, ERS will coordinate with NCRA to have payment refunded and a new registration form sent to the winner
- If the winner has NOT already paid for the 2023 NCRA Educational Conference registration, a registration form will be sent to the winner and ERS will coordinate payment with NCRA
Productivity: Unraveling the Mystery!
Save the date for our upcoming webinar: Productivity: Unraveling the Mystery! scheduled for November 2022. Presented by Amy Arnold, Manager, Strategic Services for ERS, this educational webinar will discuss how to establish registry benchmarks productivity, how to track productivity, and discuss best practices for assisting staff struggling to meet productivity. Additional details coming soon!